East Pilton

Opened: 1st December, 1934.
Closed: 30th April, 1962.


Forming an Edinburgh Princes Street to Leith North train, a Gloucester RCW (TOPS Class 100) 2-car DMU stops at East Pilton Station on 28th April, 1962, the final day of passenger services on the line. The station served the large engineering works of Bruce Peebles & Co. (visible behind the train), and opened in 1934. [G.M. Staddon/N.E. Stead collection]

Newhaven


Ex-LMSR Class 4 2-6-4T No. 42271 enters Newhaven Station with a Leith North to Edinburgh Princes Street train on 11th February, 1961. The service was steam-hauled on this day due to an international rugby match at Murrayfield. The two tracks running to the left of the station are goods lines to Leith Western Docks. [W.S. Sellar]

Leith North


Ex-Caledonian Railway 92 Class (LMSR Class 2P) 0-4-4T No. 55124 stands at Leith North Station at the head of the Branch Line Society The Pentland and Tinto Express railtour on 30th September, 1961. Full details of the railtour can be found here. [David Anderson]

Collapse )